100 1st Avenue EastJerome, ID 83338
Phone: (208) 324-5427
Fax: (208) 324-6426
Mon.-Thurs. 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Library Board Members
Bill Allred Linda Burton
Lynn Correll Shelley Nash
The library is an open book. Not only are the monthly board meetings open to the public, the minutes are available at the library upon request, and also online. More Information...
Interested in using library computers, getting a library card, or reserving a meeting room?
Policies and forms are available on the documents page.
The Library was started by the Jerome Civic Memorial Club in 1909. At these early meetings the nucleus for a library was formed by each member donating a book. In 1918, a building was rented on the second block of East Main and the Jerome Civic Club Library was started. The Library was used as a rest and reading area for mothers and children waiting for the men to transact business for their farming needs. In 1921, lots were donated by the Twin Falls North Side Investment Company to build a new library. The lots cost the Club one dollar.
The Library was given to the City of Jerome in 1952, and the name was changed to Jerome Public Library. After a donation from Evelyn Crowder in 2005, the Library was remodeled expanding the library to 4,200 square feet.
The Library collection includes over 45,000 books, eAudiobooks, books on CD, DVDs, CDs, and periodicals. We have free Wi-Fi, internet, and Rosetta Stone. Movies for teens and kids, story times, and other exciting programs are open to the public throughout the year.
Our online research tools include thousands of complete articles from magazines and newspapers to auto repair and genealogical resources.
Here is where people, One frequently finds, Lower their voices, and raise their minds,
- Richard Armour