Police Department Statistical Information
|Activity||Number of Instances
|Crimes Against Persons||13|
|Crimes Against Property||21|
|Crimes Against Society||12|
|All Other Crimes||18|
|Total Incident Reports Filed||134|
|New Cases Assigned to Investigations||7|
|Active Cases Under Investigation||24|
|Traffic Citations Issued||92|
|Total Calls for Service||914|
|Animal Control Calls||106|
|Animal Control Citations||28|
|Dogs Picked Up in City||35|
|Dogs Received from County||4|
|Dogs Returned to Owner||26|
|Dogs Adopted from Shelter||7|
|Current Animal Shelter Population||10|
The following definitions are provided to help understand the data provided:
- Crimes Against Persons - Those crimes in which an individual is the victim. This category of crime includes offenses such as murder, rape, battery, and assault.
- Crimes Against Property - Crimes in which the objective is to obtain money, property, or some other benefit. This category of crime included offenses such as robbery, bribery, burglary, and theft. Vandalism type crimes also fall into this category.
- Crimes Against Society - Crimes involving prohibited acts and include such offenses as gambling, prostitution, disturbing the peace, and alcohol and drugs violations.
- Cleared Case - Refers to any reported crime in which an arrest was made, charges were filed, or the case was determined to be unfounded.
- Active Case Investigation - Refers to any case that is under current investigation by the detective section.
- Call for Service - Refers to any event in which a law enforcement officer responds and performs any service or takes any enforcement action. A call-for-service may be as a result of a report or request for assistance or may be initiated by an officer.