Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Reopening Idaho Resources
Municipal Small Business Grant Program
Application Period Opens November 17, 2020
The City of Jerome Council has designated $350,000 from its allocated Coronavirus Relief Funds provided by the State of Idaho to create a grant program that provides financial relief to local businesses and organizations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must be located within the Jerome City limits;
- 500 or less employees;
- Has an official EIN number;
- Is in good standing and not federally prohibited from receiving funds;
- Does not exist for the purpose of advancing partisan political activities;
- Does not directly lobby federal or state officials (defined as having had a registered lobbyist at any point during 2020).
Grant funds must cover expenses that:
- Are necessary expenditures due to the COVID-19 public health emergency;
- Were not accounted for in the businesses’ operating budget approved as of March 17, 2020;
- Were incurred beginning June 20, 2020, and end on December 30, 2020;
- Were not previously reimbursed by other federal or state loans, grants, or insurance programs such as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) or the Idaho Rebound Grant for Small Businesses.
Qualifying businesses and organizations can receive up to $10,000 in the form of reimbursements for eligible incurred COVID-19 related expenses. Grants will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
*See the Small Business Grant Program Description for a complete list of eligible expenses.
- How do I know if my business is a Jerome business?
- My business has a Jerome City business or mailing address, but also operates outside of the city limits. Am I eligible for JMSBG funds?
- I have a business that is operated from my home. Can I seek reimbursement of funds for my mortgage?
- I submitted my application but need to add documents and/or made an error with the amount I requested. Who should I contact for help?
- Can my business receive funds for reimbursement of expenses if have already received Idaho Rebounds Grant funds or a Payment Protection Program (PPP) loan?
- Can I receive the grant funding upfront to use for future expenses?
- What if I am unable to fill our the application online?
- Our organization received funding from local banks and other non-profits to help with COVID-related expenses. Can we still receive JMSBG funds?
- How Much Funding Can I Receive?
This grant is made possible through the work of Governor Brad Little, State Controller Brandon Woolf, the Association of Idaho Cities and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The Governor’s Coronavirus Financial Advisory Committee created this grant to help local businesses affected by the COVID-190 pandemic, enabling cities to provide aid within their communities.
Stage 2 Stay Health Order, Effective November 14, 2020
Stage 3 Stay Healthy Order, Effective October 27, 2020
City of Jerome Public Health Resolution, Effective July 22, 2020
PPE for Small Business, Here
Idaho Rebounds: Our Path to Prosperity, Stages of Reopening and Resources for Business, Here