Can I run a daycare out of my home?

Depending on your zone, you may be allowed to operate a daycare, however you are still required to obtain a Special Use Permit to operate a business out of your home. There are three types of childcare facilities. The City of Jerome defines daycares in this way:

  • Family Daycare Home: A childcare facility for five or fewer children. Baby sitting services are an accessory use to residential uses.
  • Group Daycare Facility: A childcare facility for six to twelve children.
  • Daycare Center: A childcare facility for thirteen or more children.

To obtain a Special Use Permit, visit the forms page. For any questions, call 208-324-8189.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Planning Office located?
2. What is the zoning of my property?
3. What can I do with my property?
4. What is a special use?
5. What is a permitted use?
6. What kind of fence can I put up at my house?
7. Can I run a daycare out of my home?
8. What are the setbacks for my property?
9. How long do applications take to process?
10. What is required to put up a sign for my business?
11. I received a notice from the City about my neighbor’s property? What does this mean?
12. Where can I view the Jerome Municipal Code?
13. Where can I get application forms?