Home > City Government > Police Department > Administrative Services

City Government

Administrative Services and Records

JPDThe Administrative Services and Records Office is located at 124 S Lincoln, Jerome, ID.  You may request copies of police and accident reports by coming to the office, faxing your request to (208) 324-3609, or mailing a request to the above address.  A copy of your police report will normally be available two business days from the date of the report.  Please note that in some circumstances, Police Records will require your request in advance by filling out a Public Records Request Form.  Please note not all requests can be granted, some information is not discloseable under law.

If your Vehicle is impounded:

You must bring the following information with you to the police station:

-Current Legal Vehicle Owner

-Valid photo ID

-If recent purchase, a proper and valid Bill of Sale and/or Title



The Jerome Police Department has compiled a list of frequently asked questions.

Where do I pay my citation?

All citations can be paid at the Judicial Annex, 233 West Main, Jerome, ID in person or by mail.  This includes citations issued by the Ordinance and Animal Control Officers.  Note, the bottom of the citation lists the date you have been cited in for.  This does not include City parking tickets.

Where do I pay parking tickets?

Parking tickets can be paid at Jerome City Hall, 152 East Ave A, Jerome, ID in person or by mail.

What is the non-emergency telephone number?

The non-emergency telephone number is (208) 324-1911.

How can I file a police report?

You can file a police report at the Administrative Office during normal business hours.  You may also call the non-emergency number at (208) 324-1911 to have an Officer dispatched to your location within with city limits of Jerome.

What is the procedure for a misdemeaner traffic offense?

For misdemeanor traffic offenses, the defendant is normally required to appear in court at the county where the offense is alleged to have occurred. The location for Jerome County Court appearances is the Jerome County Annex, located at 233 West Main in Jerome City.

Citations are filed by the issuing officer with the court indicated on the summons. If the defendant fails to appear in court on the date indicated on the citation, the magistrate judge can issue a warrant for the arrest of the defendant. The charge is for failure to appear. When served, this warrant results in the arrest of the defendant and may lead to incarceration if the defendant is unable to post the bond set by the magistrate judge on the warrant.

The amount of bail for misdemeanor traffic offenses is set forth in the Idaho Misdemeanor Criminal Rules.

A defendant entering a plea of not guilty to a misdemeanor traffic citation charge may have a trial before a judge or jury. A trial before the judge is a relatively informal procedure if the defendant is not represented by an attorney. The prosecuting attorney is representing the law enforcement agency that issued the citation.

A trial by jury always involves a prosecutor for the state, and the defendant is advised, although not required, to be represented by an attorney.

Once a penalty is imposed, the defendant remains in the custody of the court until fines and court costs have been paid. If a defendant is able to pay the fine but refuses to pay, the defendant can be incarcerated in the county jail until fines and costs are satisfied at the rate of $5.00 per day. Many courts offer defendants the opportunity to perform community service work in lieu of payment of fines.

What is a infraction?

Minor traffic offenses in Idaho are called infractions.  Common infractions are speeding, not wearing a seat belt, failure to yield, not stopping at a stop sign, and failure to signal.  An infraction is not a crime but is a civil public offense for which there is a maximum penalty and for which there can be no jail time imposed. The Supreme Court has established by court rule a fixed penalty schedule for infraction violations. The fixed penalties cannot be increased, decreased, suspended, or withheld by any court. The penalty is more in the nature of a fee, and the fixed penalty is not a criminal fine. Because an infraction is not a crime, a defendant may never be arrested for an infraction and may never be required to post bail.

Because an infraction is civil in nature, if a defendant does not appear on an infraction citation, the driver cannot be prosecuted for a misdemeanor for failure to appear. Instead, if the defendant fails to appear on an infraction citation, default judgment can be entered against the driver in the same manner as in any other civil action. Also because the infractions are civil in nature, the defendant is not entitled to a trial by jury.